Invitbox allows you to import your invoice/delivery data into POS Magic but does require some initial set-up so that invitbox knows how to reference your products and your suppliers.
Firstly, under Admin > Inventory/POS Settings> Inventory Settings you firstly need to identify the 4-digit number that identifies your cellar location. Enter the number, and then click OK. You will not be able to create an export file without having identified this location.
This will now be the default cellar location for each supplier you import or manually add. If you have more than one cellar location you can assign a different location to different suppliers via Admin> Inventory/POS Settings > Supplier Cards - Edit, but if you have more than one cellar location, and a supplier delivers to more than one of these locations, you will need to manually adjust the files that invitbox creates for you prior to importing them into POS Magic
Default Product Unit
You should set here whether you normally receive products as Cases or product, or as Units via Admin > Inventory/POS Settings > Inventory Settings.
For the sake of clarity invitbox considers Cases to contain one or more Units. Whichever setting you decide upon here can be overwritten prior to invitbox creating the export files for POS Magic.
See - “Finalising your Inventory Settings in the Inventory tab prior to Export” below.
Inventory/POS Supplier Cards
Within each file that is created by invitbox for importing into POS Magic, there is a field (the 2nd field of the first row) that contains the Supplier Name (as POS Magic knows it to be).
Within invitbox, you enter the Supplier Name (as POS Magic knows) it within Inventory/POS Settings > Supplier Cards and more detailed help is available on that screen.
After you have added/imported your POS Magic Supplier Names into invitbox you need to link the Supplier Card to the Supplier. To do this, go to Admin > Suppliers – edit and choose a value from the Supplier Card (POSMagic) droplist.
In the example below, the company in invitbox is called COCA-COLA AMATIL (AUST) PYL LTD, but POS Magic knows it to be “CCA”
Finalising your Inventory Settings in the Inventory tab prior to export
Invitbox extracts data from invoices according to the map that you have either chosen or created, and based on the information contained within the invoice.
Just because you know that a box of product ABCD contains 48 items does not mean that invitbox does. If invitbox has extracted data that says you were delivered Product Code = ABCD, with a quantity of 2, Unit Price = $72 that is all we invitbox will know until you tell it more. Until you tell it more invitbox will not know if this was 2 cases, or 2 units. And if it were cases, how many units are might be in each case.
The import file format that invitbox creates for POS Magic is a version of the ALM.inv format. That format allows invitbox to specify whether you have received cases, or units, and also the number of units that come in each case, but in order for invitbox to specify that, you need to tell invitbox once only whether the data extracted by the mapper was for cases or units, and also asks you to confirm the number of units in the case, if indeed it was a case.
For help on how to do this, please refer to video.
Importing into POS Magic
Importing invoices into POS Magic needs to be done one invoice (or one file) at a time.
When you click the Export button from the inventory tab of invitbox, a zipped file will be created containing files, one for each invoice. Should you wish to do so, these files can be viewed and edited using Notepad. They are labelled as .inv files.
The invoice import feature built into POS Magic, allows you to import electronic supplier invoices, which can be modified and committed as pending invoices.
Processing imported supplier invoices is a two-step process. The first step is the importing and committing the invoice as a pending supplier invoice in POS Magic. The second being posting the invoice as complete from within the Supplier Invoices form.
Match Codes - The match codes function, compares the supplier order codes of the products in the invoice with the supplier order codes of the products in your POS Magic database, and if a match is found, the product code field will be populated with the matching product. If no match is found then the product code field will remain blank. It is important to remember that the invoice cannot be saved as pending until all products have been successfully matched.
Delete Row - This option is used to delete a row from the imported invoice.
Import File - The import file option displays a standard open file dialog box, allowing you to not only select the location of the invoice file, but also the invoice type.
Delete All - Using the delete all option will delete all imported invoices from POS Magic. Please note that the invoice file will not be deleted so the invoices can be re-imported if needed.
Delete Current - This option will delete only the currently selected imported invoice.
Save Changes - The save changes option will save any changes made to the imported invoices but will not commit them to pending invoices.
Commit as Pending - This option will commit the invoice as pending and will be retrievable from the Supplier Invoice form.
Close - Closes the invoice import form.
The Actual Import Routine
To import an electronic supplier invoice, follow these simple instructions:
- Run POS Magic Back Office and open the Suppliers menu.
- Open the Import Invoice form and press the Import File button.
- From the Files of Type field, select Generic Supplier Invoice (CSV) .inv
- Press the Open button to import the file.
- If POS Magic is unable to determine which supplier the invoice is for, the search for suppliers form will appear, prompting the user to select the appropriate supplier. Please note that after the supplier has been selected it cannot be changed. If the wrong supplier was selected then the invoice must be deleted from POS Magic and reimported.
- By default, invitbox will export a Purchase Order Number 99999. You can change this number at this point should you want to.
- Invitbox will automatically export your default cellar location. Please ensure that the correct location has been selected.
- Ensure that the Date field contains the correct data and make any changes as necessary. Invitbox will export the date you had identified as the delivery date through the approvals process, not necessarily the invoice date.
- Ensure that the quantities are correct. You may need to adjust.
- Press the Match Codes button to match the items in the invoice with products in your database.
- If there are any un-matched products left, you can match them manually by pressing Enter in the Product Code field, which will result in the product search form being displayed. From here, simply select the appropriate product and confirm adding a supplier record to the product.
- Once all products have been matched, press the Commit as Pending button.
- The invoice should now be retrievable as a pending invoice from the supplier invoices form.